A long while ago, the lovely Lisa Lancaster nominated me for the Liebster Award. I want to thank her for welcoming me into a community of writers. She is candid, inspirational and makes me smile. She has fostered a wonderful group of fellow writers about her.
What I really want to write is a novel. Lisa’s done that. Twice. And now she’s onto the third. Please check her out at Lisa Lancaster. Guaranteed a giggle!
The updated rules for the 2016 award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Write a 150-300 word post on your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why this blog is your favorite and provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers that have less than 200 followers for this award.
- List the rules in your post.
- Inform your nominees that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for their blogs.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
And now I’m going to throw them out the window, because this has sat in my draft box for for-ever and is becoming an un-post. I am sorry. I love Lisa’s blog, and I’m honoured that she’d choose me, but I am only able to semi-accept. Thank you, Lisa! I hope you don’t mind. Better a semi-acceptance than an un-post, I think.
This whole blog is somewhat dedicated to my favourite things: books, and writer’s podcasts and blogs etc… so if that is what you are interested in, please have a look around and stick around for more to come.
The questions from Lisa, the answers from me:
- Who is your favorite author? Why?
A.S. Byatt – I love Possession. I studied it in high school and it has always stuck with me. I’m not fond of the film, but the book was epic.
- If you were a character in any book who would you be?
I grew up loving Tamora Pierce’s heroines, before I ever discovered Harry Potter. So maybe Daine or Keladry. Anne McCaffrey’s Dragons of Pern also held me captive for years: Lessa or Menolly. I can’t choose.
- What do you do when you think no one is looking?
Talk to myself louder than when they are looking.
- If you only had $10 left. What would you spend it on?
Markers- so I could write on the walls and the floor and the ceiling.
- Electronic books or paper books?
I love both.
- One word that describes you?
- One word someone else might use to describe you?
Jane (as in Jane Bennet … there was a reason I was cast as her once upon a time…)
- If you weren’t blogging right now, what would you be doing?
Writing my novel! Or sleeping. It’s a tight call this evening.
- Who would you want to write a book about your life?
My daughter (not that I have one yet, but my fiancé and I are hoping for one of each one day, time will tell)
- What animal would you like to be?
- What gets you up in the morning?
Knowing it’s the weekend.
My take on Liebster… please answer in the comments at least one of the below questions, all 10 if you have time 😉 I’d love to get to know you better.
- What makes you come alive?
- Who is your favourite character?
- Do you journal, and if so, how?
- What are you writing at the moment?
- What are you most grateful for?
- Tidy, organised chaos or just chaos?
- Favourite notebook or pen?
- How did the koala get his fur?
- Did you know that can actually be just ‘whelmed’? Not over or under?
- Favourite word and why?
I’ll leave it at 10, because some are double whammies.
Now off to squeeze in a few more words on the novel before bed. Don’t forget to answer in the comments!