Twenty nineteen invites me to see the year as an invitation.
It’s that time of year where people set intentions and goals. A time when we look backwards and forwards and sometimes get so caught up in the holiday season we forget to breath.
This is a moment. A precious moment. I am here and I am human.
I’m looking back with gratitude:
- I’m living in beautiful sunny Sydney surrounded by loving family and friends
- I attended the RWA annual conference and met a lot of fellow writers who were incredibly kind and inspiring
- I am working in an industry I am passionate about with colleagues who are talented and supportive.
I’m looking forward to the summons of 2019, the encouragement, the temptation, the allure, the pull:
- International travel is a magnet that invites us to visit many new places in the world
- The sunny Gold Coast is calling us to move interstate later in the year
- There are 365 days of opportunities for me to practice my writing and my yoga, to sing and laugh and play with this one life.
An invitation involves a softening, a kind and gentle question, and a listening for an answer. It doesn’t say I should or I must or I have to. It asks what if I tried this? Even for a few minutes or a single day.
What invitations does 2019 hold for you?