Finally knocked this off my TBR Wishlist. Thank you library !
I loved the anecdotes throughout, both personal and historic. He’s lived an interesting life.
My favourite ideas were around:
- Ditching shitty values for better, process based ones.
- You are not special, aiming for mediocrity and continual improvement.
- Responsibility/fault fallacy. I can’t remember where I’d read the anecdote about William James before, but it’s a goody.
- Victim and Saver chic. Creating stronger boundaries by identifying and confronting entitlement.
- The ‘Do something’ principle. Always works. Action begets more action and inspires and motivates you.